1 cup EVOO
2 bunches scallions, chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 fresh artichoke hearts, cleaned in lemon water
1 cup fresh fava beans
10 Brussels sprouts
10 whole baby carrots
1/2 cup lemon juice
6-8 cups Maria's homemade vegetable stock (find this recipe in her book, Made with Love)
2 teaspoons kosher sea salt
1 piece fennel, 1/2 bulb sliced, all leaves chopped
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped, reserve a few sprigs for garnish
1 teaspoon kosher sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) In a large sauce pan or pot heat oil on medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
2) Add the scallions and sauce for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Using a wooden spoon, slowly add the flour and mix vigorously to combine.
4) Add artichoke sand fava beans and continue to sauce for 20 minutes.
5) Add Brussels sprouts and carrots and continue to sauce.
6) Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
7) Add the stock, fennel, dill, salt, and freshly ground black pepper and continue stirring.
8) Bring back to a simmer, cook for 45 to 55 minutes until the artichokes are soft, and the sauce thickens. Then remove from heat.
9) Garnish with dill and serve with fresh feta.