Serves 7-8, 2 chops each
One of my favorite dishes when I have guests at home!
3 tablespoons kosher sea salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
3 tablespoons garlic, crushed or minced
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 cup EVOO
2 cups water
1 whole Frenched and trussed crown rack of lamb
1) In a mixing bowl. mix salt, pepper, herbs, and oil thoroughly
2) In a large tray or pan cover the lamb with the herb marinade, working it gently over the lamb by hand, and place in the refrigerator, covered, for 203 hours.
3) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4) Place the lamb bones up on a rack in a deep-walled roasting pan.
5) Pour the water into the bottom of the pan.
6) Cover the roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil, leaving a hole in one corner, and roast for 90 minutes. Keep adding water to the bottom of the pan if necessary.
7) Remove the foil and roast an additional 15 minutes uncovered until roast is golden brown.
8) Remove from the oven and let rest, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
9) Serve with lemon potatoes or rice pilaf as accompaniments.