The shrimp take the most preparation, but the salad is a breeze, making this salad a heavenly summer dish.
Shrimp and marinade:
2 pounds fresh extra jumbo shrimp, about 30-36 pieces, peeled
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Skewers for grilling
1 tablespoon kosher sea salt
1 tablespoon dried coconut, finely ground
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
1/2 pound frisée lettuce, cleaned and torn into bite size pieces
1/4 pound mesclun greens
1 cup red quinoa, cooked
3-4 fresh tomatoes, cleaned and cut into eighths
1 cup toasted almonds, sliced
For the dressing:
1/2 cup EVOO olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, garlic, coconut oil and sesame oil.
2) Mix well and allow to marinade for three hours or overnight.
3) Drain the shrimp from the marinade and assemble onto skewers.
4) In a small bowl, combine the sea salt, dried coconut, and black pepper
5) Lightly season the skewers with seasoning.
6) Grill the skewers on a medium-medium high grill for about three-four minutes each side.
7) Remove the skewers fro meh grill, remove the shrimp from the skewers, and set aside.
8) In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine the frisée, mesclun, and quinoa.
9) In a mixing bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
10) Mix vigorously with a wire whisk or a fork until well combined.
11) Add the dressing and tomatoes to the greens, and toss thoroughly to coat.
12) Plate the salad, top with grilled shrimp, and toasted almonds.