This is one of my favorite dishes to serve at family gatherings. It's a simple and delicious recipe that can accompany many of my other fish dishes, vegetable specialties, or Greek pies.
1 pound package of linguine
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup EVOO
10 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
3 teaspoons dried parsley
pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 ounce bottle clam juice
1 cup dry white wine
2.5 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 pound broccoli, cut into small florets
1) Cook the linguine al dente, according to the directions on the packaging.
2) Toss with butter, set aside, and keep warm.
3) Heat the olive oil in a skillet or sauce pan on a medium-high heat.
4) Add the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, cayenne, salt, and freshly ground black pepper, and sauce for 1-2 minutes.
5) Add the clam juice and white wine and bring to a simmer.
6) Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
7) Add the broccoli and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until bright green.
8) Remove from the heat and serve over the buttered linguine.