Don't under-blend: whip the eggs well, but don't curdle them. Remember the egg and the lemon juice are mixed in towards the end. Avgolemono can be used as a sauce over anything. In Greece it is traditionally served over stuffed grape leaves, stuffed cabbage, and an assortment of other dishes, including fish and meat.
1 cup Maria's homemade chicken stock
3 fresh lemons, juiced
1 pinch kosher sea salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1) In a small pot or saucepan, bring the stock to a boil.
2) Remove from heat and set aside.
3) In a blender or food processor, add eggs and process for 10 seconds.
4) Slowly add lemon juice to the eggs with the blender running until all of the juice is combined.
5) With the motor running, slowly ladle half the hot stock into the mixture.
6) Return the contents of the blender or food processor to the pot and bring back to a boil for one minute.
7) Remove from the heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.