The season for seafood doesn't end for us! Greeks love fish and love to grill it! This is the quickest and most handy version. We love to serve it over a bed of pilaf or with salad. My version includes a simple marinade that you can leave to set overnight, so the next day's meal simple requires a hot grill and it's ready to go!
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon kosher sea salt
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/4 cup white wine
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup Greek EVOO
2 pounds fresh salmon, cubed, or 2 pounds of 14-16 fresh shrimp (shelled and deveined), or 2 pounds fresh ocean scallops
3 bell peppers mixed (red, orange, and green), cleaned and seeded, and cut into squares for skewering
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for half an hour
1) In a mixing bowl combine the oregano, salt, and peppers, paprika, wine, lemon juice and zest, and oil
2) Add the seafood and toss gently to cover with the marinade
3) Cover and marinate the seafood for about 4-6 hours in a refrigerator
4) Assemble the skewers by alternating peppers, fish, and onion on each skewer.
5) Grill the skewers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning to prevent burning.
6) Serve over rice or couscous.